Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Frozen Dinners

Now that I work nights, Mark is home every night making dinner for him and the boys. I wanted to make it easier on him, so I spent an entire making 21 dinners and freezing them. There's not much to write about this, except it was so fulfilling!! I cooked all the meat together, assembled the rest of the recipes while it cooled, and then added it to the bags. I labed all the bags, including a simple note as to how to cook it (crock pot, bar b que, skillet, oven), and then laid them on cookie sheets to freeze. Once they were frozen I can now stand them up in my freezer, all nice and organized. I have the complete cooking instructions stuck to the fridge, and we just pull one out of the freezer in the morning, and by the afternoon he is ready to cook it up! I managed to hit REALLY great sales when I bought all the ingredients, and it spent less than a hundred dollars on 21 meals.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I totally love that you did this.

I do Dream Dinners. Its the same idea, but someone else creates the recipes, buys the ingredients, and cuts it up, while I just spice it to my tastes and put it into the individual bags for freezing at their facility.

Your way is much more work. I am impressed!